Using Biographical Data in Philanthropic Prospect Research
Donation records can tell you a person’s affinity for a cause. Salary records and real estate values are useful in gauging a person’s capacity to give. But to really get to know your prospect you need to look at biographical data. Biographical data tells us about a person’s experiences and interests. It helps answer questions such us:
- What are this person’s academic interests and qualifications?
- How has this person’s careeer progressed?
- What are his or her recreational interests?
CharityCAN has a wealth of biographical data ranging from press releases to academic qualifications. Biographical data sources in CharityCAN include:
- Thomson Reuters corporate biographies and academic qualifications
- ZoomInfo press releases and web refrences
- Canadian Who’s Who biographies
Here is a short video walkthrough showing you how to access CharityCAN’s biographical datasets:
Check out this video: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VaxKDmfrZCHViQnnQMC7sA?